To study in the Emirates, a student visa is mandatory. You need to be sponsored by a UAE institution as recognised by the UAE Ministry of Education . You should apply through the immigration authorities and most student visas will be valid for one year.
Getting a student visa for the UAE can be a lengthy process so begin your application early. Find out more at UAE Interact - Visas and Immigration .
Students who are accepted and enrolled on a full time basis can be sponsored by the university and will be issued a Student Residence Visa valid for one year. Students should request for the visa by contacting one of the representatives in the Admissions Office.
Charges include: Visa (AED 1,000) along with a refundable (AED 2,000) must be given as a Passport Security Deposit. A colored photocopy of the passport with validity page and 1 photo are required with the visa application. Once the visa is issued, students should do a Blood Test (350 AED) before the visa process is finalized and added to the student’s passport. Students under the age of 18 will be exempted from doing the blood test.
Universities of UAE undertake to sponsor and assist non-UAE resident students to obtain a visa to study at the college. Understandably there are a number of requirements and conditions for students requesting visa assistance. Among these are the following:
- The student must enroll as a full-time student (minimum of 4 subjects per term) and attend two full academic semesters per academic year.
- Must have a local guardian if under age 21. A letter from the guardian stating that he or she will take full responsibility while the student is enrolled at the American College of Dubai.
- One year’s fees to be paid in advance, with the first semester payable by cash or current cheque and second semester by post-dated cheque. Students continuing their studies after one year must repeat this payment procedure for all subsequent years.
- 1st semester fees for sponsored students are not refundable once a visa is issued.
Procedure for Sponsorship
- The student should forward a passport copy with 6 colour photos with white background and a visa charge of AED 1450 (if outside of the UAE) or AED 2600 (if the students is currently in the UAE and does not wish to exit and re-enter) plus a deposit of AED 2000 to the ACD Business Office.
- Complete the medical test at a government medical centre with charges to be paid by the applicant.
- 5-8 working days are required for the visa to be issued. Please collect the original visa from the College at which point the student can enter the UAE with the ACD visa.
- Submit the original passport, new visa, medical certificate and to the College for stamping of visa in the passport within one month of entry to the UAE. Processing time about 2 weeks. If the student fails to maintain a “C” grade or above in his college courses, ACD reserves the right to refuse sponsorship.
Refundable Deposit upon departure from UAEAED 2000
First Year Visa ChargeAED 1550
Annual Renewal ChargeAED 1150
Issue and Transfer without Exiting UAEAED 1150
Visa Cancellation ChargeAED 200
For more information, please inquire at the Business Office.
Copyright © 2007-2017 Turkey Education Center, All right reserved.